December 22, 2012

Le Lectier/ルレクチエ

Today, I have finally bought a pack of three le Lectier pears for 398 yen.  (I have waited for this time to come!)
今日はやっと、ルレクチエ3個パックを398円で買いました(この時が来るのを待ってました!)

One important characteristic I learned from this webpage (Japanese only) is that, unlike with apples, salt water is not effective in preventing this pear from discoloration.  Another is that the skin of this pear is thin, so you can eat it without peeling.
このウェブページで知った重要な特徴は、りんごと異なり、塩水を使ってもこの梨の変色は止められないこと、ともう一つは、この梨の皮は薄いので、皮をむかなくても食べられることです。

You may find this article interesting.
この記事を面白いと思うかも知れません。

The difference from La France was obvious.  Le Lectier is much more fragrant and flavorful.
ラフランスとの違いは明らかでした。ルレクチエのほうがずっと香りが良く、美味しいです。

2 comments:

Fräulein Trude said...

Fruits are really expensive in Japan so your pears are a bargain. It is quite shocking how much you have to pay usually (I know I know, therefore the fruits are raised to utter excellence). I don't know the le Lectier but I know the parents: Williams and Bergamotte. Le Lectier must be a very aromatic pear. I love the Bergamotte but sadly this pear is rare. Bergamotte has an incredible fragrance / perfume while small, stoney and a little dry, really nice for compote.
Just watched a japanese movie: Bread of happiness しあわせのパン: Lots of baking and cooking and a lovely, heart warming storyline in a very beautiful landscape. I would like to run such a bakery-restaurant-guesthouse.

Hiroyuki said...

Kiki: It's aromatic and sweet, and has unique, soft, almost creamy texture.

One week ago, they were sold for around 500 yen a pack, and I'm glad that I waited.

Some say that fruits in Japan are "works of art", and I think they are right about le Lectier. Not all fruits in Japan get such careful attention, though.

As for the movie, Hokkaido is often depicted as a dreamy land. I myself would like to move to a place with moderate weather where I don't have to worry about snow.

Kita no Kuni kara (北の国から) was a wonderful TV drama set in Hokkaido.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80eITgmhxmY
There are still a lot of fans of this drama.