January 26, 2013

Kinshobai-Style Furikake, Again/再び、錦松梅風のふりかけ

My very first Kinshobai-style furikake was so tasty that I had to make another try.  This time, I decided to put the furikake in the containers that contained real Kinshobai.
The recipe is basically the same as that I described earlier, except that I used store-bought shiitake mushroom and eryngii mushroom I dried myself and that I used a pack of nut mix.
私が最初に作った錦松梅(きんしょうばい)風のふりかけはとても美味しかったので、また試してみました。今回は、本当の錦松梅が入っていた容器にふりかけを入れることにしました。
レシピは基本的には以前に紹介したのと同じですが、市販の干しシイタケと自分で干したエリンギを使ったこと、そしてナッツミックスを使った点が異なります。

Kinshobai containers:
錦松梅の容器:
Containers with my Kinshobai-like furikake in them:
私の錦松梅風ふりかけを入れた容器:
I'm sure that they could be a great gift for anyone!
誰に送っても素晴らしい贈り物になると思います!
I'm not going to give them to anyone!  The furikake was really, really tasty!
With cashew nuts, almonds, peanuts, and walnuts, my furikake was much tastier than the original!
でも、誰にもあげません。このふりかけは本当に美味しかったです!
私のふりかけには、カシューナッツ、アーモンド、ピーナッツ、クルミが入っていて、本物の錦松梅よりずっと美味しいです!

5 comments:

Sissi said...

It sounds delicious and exceptional indeed. Will it keep for a long time?

Fräulein Trude said...

They sell the real thing in those containers? Looks so elegant and expensive but what a great souvenir. If I had some nut mix at home I would start to make your furikake right at this very moment (shiiatke - check, cloud ear mushrooms check, bonito shavings - check, konbu - check, must dig deeper in my drawers maybe there are some pinenuts and peanuts)

Hiroyuki said...

Sissi: Probably 1-2 weeks, provided that you keep it in the fridge. I'm not sure if it will keep longer because my first Kinshobai-like furikake was gone within 4 or 5 days.

Kiki: Yes, Aritayaki (有田焼) containers, and that's is part of the reason why the furikake is so expensive. It's also available in bags, though.

Sissi said...

Thank you, Hiroyuki. 1-2 weeks sounds like a lot of time. I also have most of the ingredients accidentally (even fresh and dried shiitake!). I don't have pine nuts, but peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts... I will try it maybe.

Hiroyuki said...

Do try it, and sprinkle it on hot rice!
You can also use it in a variety of dishes:
http://www.kinshobai.co.jp/recipe.html
I think the key ingredient of Kinshobai is katsuobushi, and the nuts provide a crunchy texture.